Jan 1, 2021
January 1st Changes
- Doc Fee increases to $303.60
- Minimum wage increases to $11/hour
- Odometer rule changes
My name is Rick Yemm, Yemm Auto Group, Galesburg, and it is my pleasure to serve as IADA Chairman in 2021. While we don’t know when in-person meetings and legislative hearings will replace virtual events, we are actively representing dealer interests. IADA's primary mission is to represent franchised dealers before the Illinois Legislature and various Regulatory Agencies. We are already beginning to see a record number of legislative introductions which we are tracking and scheduled to testify on. Please be prepared to contact your Legislators when needed! Your grassroots efforts will help us make sure the dealer voice is heard in our State Capitol.
Dealer Issues for 2021:
- Defending the dealer franchise system and protecting consumers from challenges presented by manufacturers selling directly to the public and manufacturers that try subverting their sales and service agreements with dealers by rebranding product lineups.
- Removing the cap on the motor vehicle trade-in sales tax credit. Click here to view the Fact Sheet.
- Fighting to improve compensation for warranty and recall repairs. Click here to view the Warranty Reimbursement Fact Sheet.
- Reversing the Military APR rate cap that impairs the sale of vehicle protection products like GAP waivers and service contracts. Click here to view the Fact Sheet.
- Fighting to retain the retailers’ sales tax collection allowance.
- Extending the out-of-state driveaway permit from 30 to 90 days and creating a dealer title to use when title reassignment lines are full.
- Fighting attempts to cut the doc fee in half.
As you can see, your support of IADA is more important than ever!
Jan 1, 2021
Nov 4, 2020
IL SOS is upgrading the temporary registration permit system. Please click here to read about the details.